Sprained my ankle. Second time this year, on the same right ankle. =(
It happened on Friday evening when I went for a walk in a park with a friend. Initially it seems alright, and it hurts a little, but I still could walk back to my friend's place. Until we got back to his place, to his and my own surprise, the ankle was swollen, and it looks like I stuffed an egg into my ankle. It hurts A LOT!! =( Everyone who knew I sprained my ankle gave me the same advice, R.I.C.E (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation). I did all except compression because it hurts a lot, even I just bandage my ankle so lightly with crepe bandage.
On Saturday morning, it started bruising. badly bruise. Still swollen. In the afternoon, the bruising seemed to ease a little, as well as the swelling. But in the evening, the swelling got worse. My housemate noticed that my whole foot was swollen, not only my ankle. Continue with the R.I.C.E, with compression this time.
Now, Sunday morning, and the swelling is still there! =( No clinic's open on Sunday, which means most likely I will make my way to the hospital later. I hope it won't be too busy in ED, so that I can get attended to without spending hours there.
Sigh, clumsy me >.<
No comments:
Post a Comment