Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kinda abandoned this blog for awhile. >.< Life was so busy last semester that I didn't really blog anything about it. Time to re-cap!


**********
Last semester:


Placement at Neuroscience department was great. Interesting patient, hectic workload, great learning experience. Did alright in the subjects. Not extremely happy about my results, but I think I should feel contented.

**********
Semester break:

Went down to Canberra. Passport was done. =)
Meiyin was here for holiday. EAT and EAT was the agenda. :P Suffering from the aftermath now. >.<
Kenny got offered scholarship in UNSW and hence moved out. No more "*knock knock* Irene you want tong shui?" from Kenny. =(
Esther moved in and become my housemate! :D

And then... start of uni... >.<

**********
This semester:

FINAL semester!!! I think it would be even busier than last semester. 4 subjects and no final exams mean lots of assignments due date throughout the semester. Having a study group for a separate exam preparation as well. Consistent studying and working on assignment will be the best way for this semester.

Having placement at cardiology/renal ward of the Children's. Today is the first day of placement. Spent most of the morning having ward orientation. Most of the patients in the ward are less than 2 years old. Seeing sick little children, with tubes going in and out of their bodies makes my heart flinch. Maybe I should think it from another perspective, that it will be nice seeing them getting better and able to live a healthy normal life.

**********
I guess that's all for now. My brain is kinda messed up with congenital heart defects terminology and issues of management of aboriginal health at the same time. Can't think. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment