Sunday, May 9, 2010

Of bruises and abrasions...

Oh well, again, haven't been updating my blog for some time. The hectic schedule, lack of interesting topic to write, and most importantly lack of motivation to blog caused the lack of entries. >.< And finally, I feel like writing something.

Went to Collingwood Children's Farm yesterday with Grad House friends. Initially I was supposed to meet up with some of them at train station, and catch a train there, while N and E were supposed to cycle there. However, yesterday morning, N gave me a call and asked if I'm interested in cycling there, as E couldn't make it. And, I made a bad decision. I decided to join N and cycle there.

I think that's a bad decision because first, I haven't cycle for a long long time. When I mean long, I mean years. Second, I had to cycle in the city with cars driving past me on a very busy road. And yet, i decided to join N for the ride.

Well, straight to the point, I fell. A few times in fact. The last fall was the most serious and most scary one. I suffered from a number of abrasions on my left arm, few abrasions on right arm, bruises everywhere on both legs, and a bruise on my chin. >.< I feel so sorry to N for making him worried about me! And we took 2x longer than it should be to reach our destination, as I had to ride so slow.. and N had to ride slow because of me too...

We reached the destination alright, and met up with the rest. Breakfast at the cafe was great. Shared the "Farmer's breakfast" with WH. The little farm was good. Goats, sheep, cows, horses.. It was good shopping trip for some of us too, as there was a farmer's market on that day. Cooling weather, nice sunshine to give a little bit of warmness, nice blue sky with some white clouds.. The weather was perfect for a day out.

Then the trip back to Grad House. This time, we took the longer route. I think it's about 2 to 3 times longer than the route we took to get to the farm. However, this is a proper cycling track. No cars or anything. It's along Yarra River for the first part of the journey, and it's AWESOME!! I managed to get rid of my nervousness, and had a better control of the bike. Love the journey back! Although some part of uphill cycling was killing, but no more falls along the way! Just a few stops for little break and water. =)

In conclusion, I enjoyed the trip to the farm and the cycling journey! And huge thanks to N for being so patient with me. I hope the next time we cycle together (if there's any chance), I won't embarrass you or make you worry at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment